Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Frei Corps

Today whilst gaming Pretzsch, I managed to find time to make an NCO for one of my Prussian Frei-Corps battalions. Given these battalions are all in various firing and loading positions, the NCO also needs to be active! so I gave him a musket.  I still need to make a few more.
I have always been fascinated by the Frei-Corps, ever since reading the wonderful articles written and illustrated by Bob Marrion in the Tradition magazines many years ago.
If you have the AMG book you will have read that I was lucky to meet up with and over the years have many telephone conversations with Bob. During that period of time I commissioned many illustrations, both colour and pen and ink.
Before Bob passed away, he did 40 amazing pen and inks for me, which I will always treasure.
John